Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

great wall of china text

Go down 
+4
MyInnerFred
Shottymaster
Mephisto Phallus
Echo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Leader
Echo

great wall of china text Empty
PostSubject: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:49 pm

incoming wall of text; not for the faint of heart

Born and raised in the streets of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I now currently live in Ohio attending DeVry University. On June 25th, at 19 years old, I will be the first person in my family to obtain a college degree; and a bachelor's degree at that. My major is in Computer Information Systems, and when I get my diploma I am going to file the paperwork to register my company. I already have clients and make good money, the company name just isn't officially registered yet. I have a huge family with 6 brothers and sisters, and 10 (still counting) nieces and nephews. Don't even get me into uncles and aunts. I've never known my father but to be honest that's something that's never bothered me. I do wonder what it'd be like if I had one, but I don't get sad over it.

Before DeVry, I attended C.A.H.S.. An alternative High School that was ranked in the top 100 of every High School in the United States. There I was president of the Robotics/Tech club, and led my team to win the Rookie of the Year award at the F.I.R.S.T competition held in Indiana, as well as 3rd place in the Junior NSBE LEGO Mindstorm competition held on Ohio State's campus. I was also a part the team that designed the yearbook.

There are a lot of things I like to do in my free time, other than play video games and mess with computers. I've taught myself (to a limited extent) how to play a few instruments: the drums, the guitar, and currently the piano. I've also been teaching myself Japanese for the past several months, but it's still not to the point where I can speak better in Japanese than in Spanish (which I took 4 years of in High School). When the outside looks welcoming, I work on restoring my 1989 Pontiac Firebird. I no longer touch anything TV related, as I'm a big anime fan. I've been to 3 conventions, but I don't cosplay or have wall scrolls of loli's in my room (not saying cosplaying is bad in any way, I'd just don't have a costume).

I used to be in a lot of sports when I was young, and won several trophies/medals in Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey (when I was kid, so <14). Hockey was by far my best sport (and it was the funnest) but ever since the accident I can no longer be competitive in sports. I am now completely blind in my left eye and walk with a limp, so my field of vision is narrow and I can no longer run. This is why I got into things like computers, video games, and anime.

Moving on to vidja games. I started playing games on the NES and the SEGA Genesis. Golden Axe and Mario Bros. is what I played, but I didn't really get into them until Mario Kart for the SNES. Fast forward a decade and now I want to go into the Video Game industry. I own a high-end gaming PC, a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DSi XL, PSP, and still own a bunch of legacy systems. I'll never understand why, but even though I have all this I mainly play a F2P game called Combat Arms. It's pretty bad compared to so many other games I have, but I guess I stick around for you guys <3

I first met Team Paragon back when I was posting on the NX forums to get spotted by Respected. If any of you forumed way back then, you should know that Respected was the clan to be in at the time, led by Knight who many had conspiracy theories that he was a GM or somehow in a relationship with -Hime-. After seeing Team Paragon's mission (on their crap website), I ended up applying to them. Normally it was going to be temporary until I was popular enough on the forums to get into Respected, but things didn't turn out that way.

I could be considered a founding member, because I was in the clan before Cris and Belesarius, who are both Command Staff now. It took me so long to get to division leader because I quit Team Paragon several times, or because I didn't kiss ass. During these times I rented myself out to clans and asked for NX if they wanted me to help them win some clan wars. Thanks to that I'm still a Silver grade NX user haha, but I always ended up back in TP. The guys over there are just awesome. Well, most of them anyway. Eventually I ended up wanting to leave TP for several reasons, but a couple of their members were the biggest offenders in why I didn't want to stay.

So, here I am. Living by one simple motto. The first one is, "One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching." For as much time as I spend in front of the computer working, playing, and doing homework, I do my best to get out there and go places I've never been. I want a job that involves a lot of traveling, but regardless I'm going to see things like the Northern Lights, the Grand Canyon, and the Eiffel Tower. I also want to visit all the states and places like Akihabara and Cancun. Not sure if all this can happen, but I'm definitely going to try for it. I'm actually already planning to go to California in July, for Anime Expo 2011. It'll cost me over $1000, but it'll definitely be worth it.

Fun facts:

I'm the sexiest thing since Brad Pitt in the 90's.

It may seem like I have self-respect and humility, but I really don't.

The last time I cheated on a game was in 2002, using 'operation cwal', 'show me the money', 'food for thought', and the 'black sheep wall' cheats in Starcraft: Broodwar's single player campaign.

I dated a single girl for over 5 years.

I've slept with two girls at the same time, fast-forward a few years and unfortunately they both hate me now.

I was a guest of honor in the state house and met the mayor, the city auditor, and other people I don't remember in the 6th grade.

I've won the 8th Annual Urban Community award awarded by the state for being a boss.

The trophies I have are: A 2nd place medal in hockey. A 1st place medal, and two 3rd place trophies in soccer, and a 2nd place trophy in baseball

I named my cat Cookie

I was more sad when Zack died in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, than Aerith dying in FFVII

I cried like a baby watching Clannad ~After Story~
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
Mephisto Phallus

Mephisto Phallus

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:46 pm

unfortunately I'm not big enough of an animu fan to attend a convention yet.
hue. Since it costs so much to go (I mean, really? Pay to enter and pay more inside? That's worse than Nexon.), I won't, but it does seem like fun to get to know other people who can watch anime and appreciate it beyond the subs (super elitist mode activate).
I'd like an animu buddy who knows Japanese better than I do... ._. hard to find because most animu watchers are people who know how to say "baka" and "urusai" and think that they know the language...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm

The smaller the convention, the lower the entrance cost is. A lot of people who have never been to a con before think it's all about the Dealer's Room (which is where you buy everything), but it really isn't. Cosplayers, panels, autograph sessions, concerts (which sometimes are included with the ticket prices), AMV contests, etc is the real reason you should go.

If you don't know what panels are, they are 30 minutes to hour long 'sessions', I guess you can call them. They can range from things like When Cartoon Network Was Good, which is a panel where everyone just chills and jokes around about the good ol' Toonami days, or it can get more official like Who's Line Is It Anime?, where this group does skits a lot like Who's Line Is It Anyway, only pertaining solely to anime.. it gets extremely funny and the group attends a ton of the cons all over the States since they are so popular

They have other things too, like Rave Night, a video game room (usually holding contests), showings (rooms that play the first episode or two of some anime, but these are usually empty since the other panels are fun and you don't really go to cons to watch more anime haha)

It's really fun, you should try one out. The one in California, Anime Expo, is one of the largerst anime con's in the United States. It cost me 100$ to attend the Miku Concert, the Masquerade, and my 4-day ticket; but I have paid 25$ to get into the Matsuri-con. It was a lot smaller, yes, but it was still fun and that's where I heard Johnny Young Bosch's band Eyeshine play and got their autographs Smile
Back to top Go down
Mephisto Phallus

Mephisto Phallus

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Doesn't seem like a place that I'd want to be...
Anime is something I'd prefer to watch alone... especially moe animes.
Don't want to walk around with some weeaboos and their dakimakuras, yenno...?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Haha, I guess. Although everything that can be considered 18+ (including weaponry) you have to take straight to your car or it'll be confiscated. They are pretty strict on that too.

However if you're concerned about your social image you probably won't have much fun anyway. It's really one of those places where no one gives two-shits about what other people think, and you can't either unless you want to stand on the sideline the whole time feeling awkward. Ever been in a Final Fantasy-esque battle where a Lelouch, CC, Vaporeon, Gaara, Yugi, Miku, and Piccolo cosplayers fight? Or made a giant human-smiley face for no reason other than the wait in line was really long?
Back to top Go down
Mephisto Phallus

Mephisto Phallus

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:34 pm

You know those gun enthusiasts who get mad at people who think they know guns from playing CoD?
I get mad at weeaboos who think they can speak Japanese from watching animu.
Yep.
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Mephisto Phallus wrote:
You know those gun enthusiasts who get mad at people who think they know guns from playing CoD?
Fucking hate people like that, especially because they're all cocky and think they're amazing. I was trolling a CoD kid on the Nexon forums once, trying to lecture people on guns when attempting to shoot down a weapon balance thread and he didn't even know what bullet the M16 or AK47 shot (the thread involved those two guns).
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:06 am

Haha Shotty... some people don't even know bullets fly in a arc when fired... They think bullets go straight. Societies failure to properly educate people huh? Or is it just the stupidity we ourselves created?
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:52 pm

I also hate when people don't know the difference between "clip" and "magazine". It's one of the most trivial things, but it somehow gets on my nerves really badly.

I blame the human genetic code for making most people too arrogant.
Back to top Go down
Unblest_Devotee

Unblest_Devotee

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:47 pm

TL:DR
Back to top Go down
Skies

Skies

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Shottymaster wrote:
I also hate when people don't know the difference between "clip" and "magazine". It's one of the most trivial things, but it somehow gets on my nerves really badly.

I blame the human genetic code for making most people too arrogant.

This, this so hard.
Back to top Go down
Steam http://digitalex.me
GstarRawr

GstarRawr

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:52 am

Slept with two girls and now they hate you? Damnnnnnnnn Sad
Back to top Go down
DaPhatCreepa

DaPhatCreepa

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:26 am

GstarRawr wrote:
Slept with two girls and now they hate you? Damnnnnnnnn Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: great wall of china text   great wall of china text I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

great wall of china text
Page 1 of 1