Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Leader
Echo

Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread Empty
PostSubject: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread Dead-p13

Looking for a well-organized clan whose focus is having fun? Check out Dead Pixel!

There's ton of clans saying they're here for fun, what makes Dead Pixel different?

Dead Pixel has a long history of finding new ways to make Combat Arms more enjoyable. One of the things we do is create new, fun game modes that aren't possible in regular public matches. For example, our first most popular mode is something called Cowboys vs. Ninjas; thought up by KeayaTheFox.

In this game mode two teams are pitted against each other, where one side uses M16's and limited communication (the Cowboys) while the other team uses Knives, Mines, Heartbeat Detectors, Smokes, Flashes, etc to either survive or annihilate the other team (the Ninjas). This is just one of the many things we do to keep this game fresh on top of all the new content Nexon adds. We also branch of from CA every once in a while, and play things like Minecraft or Team Fortress 2 for a night.

Well that sounds fun, but what real games modes do you play?

Dead Pixel isn't a mode-specific clan. We don't grind Fireteam games nor do we stick to Quarantine. If we had to choose one it would be Capture the Flag since we generally enjoy objective based games, but those are hard to come by these days so we usually just flock to whatever we feel like playing at the time.

What do you mean when you say well-organized?

Originally a branch from a much larger multi-gaming clan (Team Paragon), Dead Pixel has organization built into its roots. As mentioned before we have a lot of events (which often include our affiliates), to keep track of this we have an Xfire Page and a Steam Community for our members. Whenever an event is about to go down Steam/Xfire will remind you that it's happening in which the events have high turn-outs.

I left my last clan because of (insert drama). How is Dead Pixel structured to prevent inter-clan conflicts?

Dead Pixel has a very flat structure. Nearly every decision that is made is done through a majority vote using polls on our forums, which every member can participate in. The admins of the clan are also chosen by the majority vote and are rotated out whenever activity drops or is requested by a decent portion of the member-base. The only difference between an admin and a regular member is that the admins gets server admin on the Teamspeak, moderate the forums, and the ability to accept/deny people that apply to the clan. There is no superiority or real hierarchy within the clan; we run things very democratically so that everyone can voice their opinion. We're all friends and we're all here to have fun.

Sounds good, what are the requirements on joining Dead Pixel?

Your KDR must be over 1.4 or we will ask to do a play test. We clan war often and the more competitive people of the clan want to win. However by doing a play test, you will greatly improve your chances on getting in, so don't be discouraged if you don't hit the mark!

Besides KDR, we do ask for 2 other things. The first thing is your MATURITY level. We aren't going to hard-line this by specifying an age, but if you do fall into the younger years we are going to ask if you just hang around for a week or so. That way we can decide if you're a good fit with our existing members, and you can see if you're a good fit for the clan. The second thing is a microphone/headset. This is ABSOLUTELY required. Yes, we do communicate over our forums, but there are so many things we do that involve needing voice communication. If you try to join without one, you're simply going to be missing out on a lot of stuff that goes on in Dead Pixel.

Wait, KDR? I'm not that great, I just play this game for fun..

Over at Dead Pixel we do something a little different about that. We understand that some people don't like to clan war and be all srsface about a video games. That's perfectly okay. We already have a few people that are like that and only play for fun. How do we handle this without alienating the casual members? We set up a clan war team, so to speak. The players who are competitive are a part of the team and it is ordered roughly by skill. The order will only matter when there aren't enough opponents to face. If there enough people on the opposite team to clan war, everyone who wants to is invited. No one will ever be forced to clan war if they don't want to.

I am the leader of my clan and I heard you mention something about events with affiliates. How would I get in on this?

If you are currently satisfied with your clan, we are definitely open to adding more legit and fun clans to our affiliate list. One thing to note, your members must have a mic to join in on our events. It only takes one person to not know what's going on and ruin whatever we're doing at the time. If this interests you, register on our forums and PM Echo/Shottymaster/MyInnerFred and add Silent_Echo/Shottymaster/MyInnerFred in game and send us a note and we can pick it up from there. As an affiliate you will have access to our Teamspeak, so don't worry about not having your own server.

Okay, I want to apply; MY BODY IS READY. How would I do this?

https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net/f3-applications

Please register on our forums and fill out an application. In-game applications will be ignored until you gain member status on our forums (which you will then receive the Teamspeak info). Once that's done, you'll be a full-fledged member.

Any extra questions can be asked there and they will be answered in full within the day.

I'm not sure Dead Pixel is my cup of tea, suggestions?

We are currently affiliated with Sexy House and TeamDesuMatch. Both clans are pretty awesome and have some awesome people in it, so if you don't think you'll quite fit in with Dead Pixel be sure to check these guys out!

Last edited by Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
DaPhatCreepa

DaPhatCreepa

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

I like it. No improvements.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Added the 'Wait, KDR?' section

Ty to Shotty for the tiny grammar error
Back to top Go down
DaPhatCreepa

DaPhatCreepa

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Should we wait till' level 2 for this?

Ther is a "b" and a bracket at the end of the "wait KDR" section and at the beginning of "I am the leader" section btw.
Back to top Go down
DaPhatCreepa

DaPhatCreepa

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Maybe you could emphasize the use of TS more?
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:41 pm

So far so good. I can't think of anything I don't like.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Yeah this isn't going up right away, especially since we're at max capacity in-game right now.

Fixing the other things now

I think someone fixed it for me or I can't see it

@stressing TS: Making it an absolute requirement to join the clan or even participate in our events as affiliates is stressing it enough I think

Last edited by Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DaPhatCreepa

DaPhatCreepa

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Last spot.

Oh yes.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm

We actually kicked someone to make room for you lol
Back to top Go down
JohnPwnsYou

JohnPwnsYou

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 pm

WOW WAT UR PROBLM MAN Y U GET PPL KICK OMMMMMMMMMMMMMG
Back to top Go down
DaPhatCreepa

DaPhatCreepa

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 pm

I DIDN'T KNOW OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread   Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Recruitment Thread Proofread
Page 1 of 1