Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So i started playing starcraft....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paiste

Paiste

So i started playing starcraft.... Empty
PostSubject: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 pm

The last couple games I had i statistically should have won but lost Sad
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:41 pm

What exactly do you mean "statistically"?
Back to top Go down
Paiste

Paiste

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 pm

Well i had more troops, more buildings, and more minerals throughout most of the match. He just had expansions fucking everywhere and I only had one right by my original base so he had me surrounded....
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 am

You couldn't harass his expansions or something? Something to make those expansions hard to keep or to strain his resources? From what it sounds like, he was at risk of using up resources without having enough troops to back him up. Maybe if you had kept attacking you could have had him locked down?
Back to top Go down
Paiste

Paiste

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 am

Well i was harassing one of his expansions then i decided to go and attack it, then I found one more and his original starting point and i destroyed those but what i learned from the replay is when i was harassing and building up my army he was busy making three more expansions.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:17 am

How'd you lose? If he was busy making expansions a good chunk of his resources should have been in expanding so fewer troops right? So even with that I'd think he should be at your mercy. O___o
Back to top Go down
Paiste

Paiste

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:48 am

well more expansions means more minerals so the later game he had more saved up. I can show you the replay if your interested in watching an hour long match
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 am

Oh wow 1 hour? I thought most matches like this were shorter. Well assuming I have the right scenario and stuff, if you had kept pressuring those expansions and prevented him from getting resources from them (workers and whatnot) you could have held him at bay or possibly even taken one of those. If you want to send it go ahead.
Back to top Go down
GstarRawr

GstarRawr

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:01 pm

take out scv,drones,probes + supply depots,pylons, overlords = he can't expand

Plus depending on who you're playing, learn to kite (real easy with mutas)
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm

One of THE most important things about Starcraft is map control. Holding the Xel'Naga towers and keeping your opponent contained will increase your chances of winning by a ton.

He may have had eyes all over your base, changelings, scans, observers, etc. If he knew your army composition and you never changed it he could've just hard countered whatever you had. Numbers don't always win in Starcraft.

You may have forgotten upgrades. A single carapace upgrade for zerglings or attack upgrade for banelings can change the outcome of a battle tremendously.

Other stuff too, but those were probably your biggest things.
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing starcraft....   So i started playing starcraft.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So i started playing starcraft....
Page 1 of 1