Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do we want to recruit?

Go down 
+6
Malicih
Shottymaster
Blahblah677
RenKazama
JohnPwnsYou
Echo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Leader
Echo

How do we want to recruit? Empty
PostSubject: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:03 am

Originally, I just wanted to have them come onto Teamspeak and if they are active and chill with us enough, then we'll let them in.

Anything you guys wanted to add/change? We can put a KDR restriction since we only have like 2 people in the clan that are actually bad players (no offense), but we can still have fun playing with them so it doesn't really matter. However a few of you expressed interest in a good clan match record in which we'll have to hold out on the lower-skilled players.

I also want an age restriction, but I don't want to put it out there publicly so people don't lie on their application. 16 works well, and 15 would be just fine. 14 is getting kind of eh, and I don't want 13 and unders. Of course exceptions can be made, but I'd like it to be on a rarer basis than it was in TP.

I'm also curious about the process as well. Do you think it's cool how it is? Because I can see people applying, then getting on Teamspeak, then just slowly getting impatient or forgetting about Teamspeak altogether. If they don't get on Teamspeak we don't really have anyway to contact them in-game to tell them to get on.

Also, Shotty should write up a rough draft for the recruitment thread so we can throw that up soon as well
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
JohnPwnsYou

JohnPwnsYou

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Age restriction would be nice. And a .8 kdr would be nice or something. Nothing too low and nothing too high..
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Recruit Requirements (as I see fit) should be fair and just. I for one, want the clan match record to be good, which means we need a seperate requirement for clan warring privileges.
What I suggest is something along the lines of this:

Clan Recruitment Requirement:

Age: Minimum of 13 (Can be negotiable depending on maturity level.)
KDR: Doesn't Matter. We're here to have fun, so player skill shouldn't matter if your just joining us for that reason.
CBL Status: Must be clean for obvious reasons.
Mic: They don't absolutely NEED one, but having one is very much preferred.
Team Speak 3: Installed, duh.
That prospect member chills with us in the Team Speak for a few days (3 days to a week?), and we'll judge them. NOT ON PERFORMANCE, but just overall chillage-level. Wink
If they're not a dick, douche, asshat, or jerk, they'll be let in.

Clan Warring Requirement:

Assuming all of the previous requirements were met for recruiting, if they want to be eligible for CW they also need to have these qualities.
Rank: Minimum CSM (Those with more EXP points have more experience being in the field, lower ranks shouldn't get CW privileges unless it's an alt of one of our mains.)
KDR: Minimum of 1.20 (Can be negociated because KDR isn't always the best judge of skill level, but it can't be argued that those with higher KD's are usually more experienced.)
Veteran Status: If you want to clan war with us, we should gauge their actual skill for a while first before we just toss them into the fray. One needs to have been in the clan for AT LEAST 2 weeks(?) and needs to have been active and pubbing/scriming with us enough that we know what he/she is capable of.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Echo wrote:
We can put a KDR restriction since we only have like 2 people in the clan that are actually bad players (no offense
No offense taken Very Happy but as Ren said, if this is a casual clan, we should at least be more focused on having fun than actual skill. But at the same time, the person's KDR/skill shouldn't be so low that they can't enjoy playing against the really good people in this clan.

edit: We could do something similar to what happened in TP where we form a ladder and certain people clan war who are in that group. Pull in casual members for fun, and the competitive/skillful players take care of the clan wars?
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Blahblah677 wrote:
Echo wrote:
We can put a KDR restriction since we only have like 2 people in the clan that are actually bad players (no offense
No offense taken Very Happy but as Ren said, if this is a casual clan, we should at least be more focused on having fun than actual skill. But at the same time, the person's KDR/skill shouldn't be so low that they can't enjoy playing against the really good people in this clan.

edit: We could do something similar to what happened in TP where we form a ladder and certain people clan war who are in that group. Pull in casual members for fun, and the competitive/skillful players take care of the clan wars?

So are you suggesting we have a casual side and a competitive side again?
Back to top Go down
Steam
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:10 pm

It's possible I guess but it'd also probably divide the clan. So it's probably not a good idea. But I still say that since this is a casual clan that there should be no KDR limit or it should at least be low since the point of a casual clan is to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:10 pm

RenKazamaCA wrote:

Age: Minimum of 13 (Can be negotiable depending on maturity level.)

I really don't want a bunch of 13 year olds in the clan. I'd say 16+ can get in no problem, but a mature 14-15 y/o could get in easily too.
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Blahblah677 wrote:
It's possible I guess but it'd also probably divide the clan. So it's probably not a good idea. But I still say that since this is a casual clan that there should be no KDR limit or it should at least be low since the point of a casual clan is to have fun.

It wouldn't divide the clan, because if we operate it like the Strike Team, everyone is welcome to come to practices.
The only "division" would be the Strike Team privileges to Clan War, but I think that if everyone is having fun AND improving due to the Strike Team's existence,
then wouldn't it be a welcome addition?

A few players have already expressed the desire to become better players both individual and together with us AS A WHOLE.
We wouldn't be splitting up, we'll just be growing stronger.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Malicih

Malicih

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm thinking the age limit probably SHOULD be something like:
- No one Under 13
- If 13 then they are subject to being 'evaluated', if you will, for a bit longer than otherwise older people would be. Like 10 days
- 14-15 should also be kept an eye on but usually I don't notice to many that are still WAY out there in terms of being immature. Like 2-5 days watch.
- 16+ shouldn't really be a problem but just as there are exception with younger members there may be some here too.

Again, we're just kind of seeing how they chill with us more so than game play in this clan so social behavior is the only thing to really worry about at this point.

Other than that I pretty much agree with everything that's already been thrown out there, but if at some point the strike team players (if we do this) start acting all cocky and gloating, I'm going to speak out and be pissed as hell. Which isn't something that happens very often.

Oh and CBL doesn't really matter IMO because of all the crap that's gone on over there in their corner of the net, but I guess it couldn't hurt to follow that as well really. I mean I imagine we may at some point start team views but right now I have no clue about that aspect either.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Alright so this is what I'm thinking

Age Restrictions:

We will not publicly post our age limits, so people don't lie on the application. 12 and under will not be accepted unless it is a relative of a current member.

Age 13 will have a long evaluation period, but they can be let into the clan if they are chill enough. The success rate of actually getting in at 13 will be rare

Age 14-15 also have an evaluation period, just not as long as 13-yr-olds and we are more lenient/acceptable with them

Age 16+ gets a short evaluation period and as long as they aren't douches they'll be let in.

KDR:
1.4+ or a 1.0+ and a playtest. In reality anyone who does a playtest will automatically gain acceptance no matter what the outcome of the playtest is. If they do the playtest then that shows a little dedication to joining the clan, and that's enough for me. Keep in mind that whoever joins will have their KDR dropped by at least a few points since we like to pub against each other.

Mic/Headset:
ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED for clan wars. We have enough people in here who talk and communicate well, and I want any new member joining to want to communicate back. If they do not have a mic they should not be allowed to clan war, but they can do everything else with us.
Back to top Go down
Elk

Elk

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:04 pm

By the way, do we have a recruitment thread yet on the forums?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Not yet, Shotty's going to be posting it up but we haven't written the rough draft up yet
Back to top Go down
MyInnerFred

MyInnerFred

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:48 pm

I think what Echo proposed is fine. We can set up squads like what we did in TP for more competitive players.
Back to top Go down
Caboose

Caboose

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:12 am

So it's all good with the recruiting rules now right?
Back to top Go down
Ace145

Ace145

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:42 pm

AGGREED
Back to top Go down
RenKazama

RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:46 pm

MyInnerFred wrote:
I think what Echo proposed is fine. We can set up squads like what we did in TP for more competitive players.

So are we keeping our previous Strike Team and their rankings, or are we re-drafting?
Back to top Go down
Steam
Echo
Leader
Echo

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:55 pm

We'll probably re-draft to be fair to the new players in the clan.

Also, someone should get started on that Noxen forums draft. I can draft one myself soon, but not for a few days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we want to recruit?   How do we want to recruit? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do we want to recruit?
Page 1 of 1