HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dead Pixel Promo video

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 am

I was kinda hoping to do something like this at 4:45 (method 47) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIEdcFDHBC0&feature=channel_video_title
and choose between either someone dying from that, or me dying since I always seem to die anyway. xP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Staging scenes is ACTUALLY a good idea in my opinion.
For one, 3rd Person caps from various angles could be really cool (Since I assume we have about 2-3 people around to record).

Staging fights could be a really unique thing, because Montages are so... outdated.
Cinematic scenes like what we're going to do is really bringing something totally new to the table.

... we might even be in the weekly briefing if we can do this well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile renkazamaca
RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Pirate bay?
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Torrent that I tried WAS from pirate bay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 8:04 pm

If we could manage to work out one script that would be a huge cinematic, showcasing all the members, I think that would be pretty badass.

i.e. Sniper (don't know who this would be) picks off someone in the distance, an assassin stabs him in the neck and goes after Ren or someone, Shotty decapitates him with a shotgun, saving Ren, then proceeds to clusterfuck the enemy base with an MG assault. Echo drops him with a well-placed headshot. As Echo is reloading, a grenade kills him, camera pans to the thrower. The grenadier (the person Shotty saved) ironically steps on a mine laid by Fred, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Wait, we're killing each other? D:
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Or we could have a cinematic showing us dominating the other team and showing our teamwork and skill, but either works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shottymaster

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Background music for the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhBCiiLnGKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm still very fond of the individual intro, though it can be a team cinematic and still intro each member 1 by 1

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Wed May 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Eh, I still like Echo's idea better. I agree to stay away from *generic rock music*. Too overused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 am

"This is Ren's Promo video and was worked on by me, Fred, and Ren. The thing is still being drafted, but any thoughts about the draft or ideas about possible special effects in Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects? And for each character, what character model could be used (ex: black guy for the 2 dealers and Hauser for the guard)? We so far have the assassin (Ren), 2 drug dealers, and 1 guard (for the drug dealers). Map we're using is Showdown.

Camera man starts at truck near Bravo spawn(I'm sure that the truck is on Bravo side), looks up at the signs then around to the buildings on the other side of the map, then looks down and pans toward the drug dealers. The guard waits at the entrance (bottom of Alpha spawn, assuming it's the Alpha building) and when the 2 dealers arrive, he gives them a nod. The dealers proceed to the table to deal and talk, with the camera positioned at the table. The camera then pans to the hole in the ceiling at Ren (the assassin). Ren kills drug dealer 1 and dealer 2 attempts to escape through the side door. Upon reaching the door, he is shot dead, with a camera man outside the door capturing his death. The guard turns around to look at the 2 dead bodies, then looks up and sprays at Ren. Ren runs to the catwalk and the guard runs out the side door in pursuit. After exiting the door, he looks around for Ren, confused because Ren is no where to be seen. The guard walks to the open area near the blue scaffolding and the camera zooms to Ren, who is crouched by the boxes on the 2nd floor. Ren snipes the guard and walks back into the building and turns the corner. Another camera man on the scaffolding looks up as the screen fades and possibly transitions to Snow Valley."

That's Ren's idea for the Promo Vid

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:20 am

I can use Hauser and be the guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RenKazama

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 am

Trust me when I say it'll look a lot better then the way it's briefly described.
The beginning shot that pans up into the city and sky is actually more intricate then it seems.
Fred will be using a pulled nade *as to avoid anything being shown on the screen* and go up til he hits as far as possible. He'll then slowly turn (very artsy Wink to flip it 360, and then pan down.

The ending transition will be another pan upwards into the city, but with the magic of editing, the sky is going to look bright and white (as to better suit the transition to snow valley).

They're little things like that to note. Your promo idea doesn't just have to be regularly scripted. Please know that we're going for a cinematic feel, and as a result, BE CREATIVE! Smile

Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Shotty, if you still want to use an m60e4 Steel for your promo video I can activate it and you can pick it up off my dead body. (I have one in my inbox for 7 days)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caboose

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:09 am

I can be that black you were talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Pixel Promo video   

Back to top Go down

Dead Pixel Promo video
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2