Dead Pixel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recap. 10char

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miaoven Winter

Miaoven Winter

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Don't mean to bother you guys too much, but if someone knowledgable has the time, could I get a recap of what's happened in CA since I last played, in terms of weapons balance, maps, and modes? I came back shortly after the second UI change and the last NX release I remember was the Calico.
Back to top Go down
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Damn that's been a long time... Since the Calico M960 release?

That was what, Feb, March, of 2010?

There have been several new map releases, including new Fireteam maps, a few new modes (Sieze and Secure (basically KOTH), Bombing Run (SnD with both teams attacking and defending)), tons of new maps and guns, more NX, new features like achievements, Clan shop, the Gun Emporium (Nexon's attempt at a Crafting system), and probably a bunch more that I'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:41 pm

No one plays Sieze and Secure and Bombing Run, so that's not really important. Currently the maps that are really popular are Sector 25, Oil Rig, and Kill Creek. They are all shitty maps.

Popular OP weapons atm are the T-2 which is an OP submachine gun, the TRG/TPG/DSR snipers (give it up on balanced snipers), the G36 is still very prominent though the AK-47 has had a recent boost in popularity.

They also split the servers to East/West but the East is still in Beta
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
Miaoven Winter

Miaoven Winter

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:49 pm

So how do the TRG/TPGs compare to the DSR? I had a Tacticool for 90 days, so I know how it plays.

Anything else of note beside those and the T-2? Has the M4 Super been nerfed at all since last I saw it?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Leader
Echo

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

I don't know if it's been nerfed but shotty's in general have decreased in popularity. It's only been the last week or 2 that I've really seen any around

And I've never used the DSR so can't tell you :p
Back to top Go down
Steam https://deadpixel.rpg-board.net
RenKazama

RenKazama

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:32 pm

I have the DSR-1 Subsonic AND the TPG-1 Pro both for Perm.
They're both great, and both have amazing sniping capabilties.
There's basically no difference besides 3 key ones.

1) Scopes (Duh.)
2) The DSR-1 SS has a built in silencer, the TPG-1 Pro does not.
2) The TPG-1 Pro's damage drop off worse then the DSR-1 Subsonics (probably to compensate for the scope). The TPG-1 Pro can only 1HK enemies in Kill Creek as long as they are relatively close to the cliff.
However, the DSR-1 SS has no problems 1HK from any distance (excluding Heavy Vests & Hausers).

I'm not 100% sure about the TRG-41, but I'm 99.9% sure it's a better TPG-1 Pro.
The GP version of the TRG is basically a better DSR (Regular).
Back to top Go down
Steam
Shottymaster

Shottymaster

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:54 pm

RenKazamaCA wrote:
Hauser
huehuehue
Back to top Go down
Blahblah677

Blahblah677

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:47 am

Echo wrote:
No one plays Sieze and Secure and Bombing Run, so that's not really important. Currently the maps that are really popular are Sector 25, Oil Rig, and Kill Creek. They are all shitty maps.

Popular OP weapons atm are the T-2 which is an OP submachine gun, the TRG/TPG/DSR snipers (give it up on balanced snipers), the G36 is still very prominent though the AK-47 has had a recent boost in popularity.

They also split the servers to East/West but the East is still in Beta
Oil Rig is ok for me, Kill Creek is too straight forward but I find I play that a lot just to catch those unaware sniping campers at the top. What are some other good maps that aren't as slightly popular but still have quite a bit of popularity? I really like Ghost Town and Snow Valley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recap. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recap. 10char   Recap. 10char I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recap. 10char
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Pixel  :: Archive :: The Graveyard-
Jump to: