HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which tournament
Hunger Games
55%
 55% [ 6 ]
Sand Castles
45%
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Echo
Leader

PostSubject: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 am

So starting June, we are going to begin our monthly tournaments. To start off, I wanted to do a little something in Minecraft, but I'm not sure which is better to start off with: a creative, 'sand castle' type tournament? Or a Hunger Games, survivalist type tourny where the last player standing wins?

Go ahead and vote but either way, we will eventually do both. I want to discuss both of these in-depth to get them sort of hammered out and ready for each month.

Sand Castle Tourny:

This will be in creative mode, definitely. But should there be an amount of space you're limited to? Should the buildings be anonymous until the voting, where everyone votes and majority votes win? I think at the very least there should be some kind of separation so ideas aren't stolen, but how would we do this? What criteria should we judge on? Architecture only? What about cool uses of engineering (use of red stone?) How long should we have this run? A week? The whole month? Or just a day?

The Hunger Games:

This can hopefully be explained better by Josh, but it's basically just survival on the hardest setting, all set under one large dome of glass. You can try and outlive your opponents, or you can simply go kill them yourself. It would be really cool if at the starting point we could put valuables (like pick axes, armor, weapons, etc) in the starting field so there's like that starting bloodbath lol

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Sun May 13, 2012 4:34 am

How about Hunger Castles? It's where you build giant meat towers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flamix13

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 pm

with creative sand castles, there should just be a set date were they are due
the fact that the idea is already brought up just gives people (including me) to start on it right now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyInnerFred

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 am

I'm good at building nice looking places so I vote sand castle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

When do we start? :T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Start of the month I'll put up all the details

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Does it have to be sand castles? I think we should be able to build whatever we want. In creative
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flamix13

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm

well there needs to be some sort of theme to scale off of TP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm

No it's not going to be an actual sand castle it's pretty much any building you can think of (train station, castle, house, etc).

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Wed May 23, 2012 2:06 am

So it's either going to be a building based on a theme or just any building we want to build. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 am

Yeah, pretty much. For the first one I don't really want it to be restrictive, so there are no certain themes that I want to really force you to build around.

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?   

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Tournament: Survival or Creative?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1